Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chris Hemsworth Talks ?Thor? With ?Interview? [PHOTOS]

Thor stud Chris Hemsworth is featured in the latest issue of Interview magazine.

On The Film?s Surprising Cast: I am incredibly lucky to work with those involved! I think the attraction for Natalie [Portman] to a film like this was Kenneth Branagh?s involvement. At that time in my life, I wasn?t in a position to pick and choose who I wanted to work with. I just needed to pay the rent, and I was excited to be involved with something on this scale. I was signed up either way! This is by far the biggest thing I have ever been involved in and there is more anticipation than anything else.

PHOTOS: Chris Hemsworth, You Make Us Swoon

On Using An English Accent: For whatever reason, we relate to anything godlike with an English accent. The English are very proud of that. And with anything Roman or gladiators, they have an English accent. For an audience, it is an easy trick to hook people in.

More from Chris?

On Thor?s ?Hammer?: It is a pretty impressive piece of equipment. It was quite heavy, so that helped with the stunts. If it was too light, you would swing it around like a toothpick and it wouldn?t look impressive. When there is some weight to it and you have to physically use your shoulder and back, it gives you a sense of power. I got very comfortable holding it. When I did the earthbound scenes without it, I felt naked.

On his childhood love of action films: ?I loved the stuff. As a kid, I loved any fantasy. I grew up in a household with two brothers and we lived in the bush. We were constantly building weapons and forts and things. But I didn?t set out to be an action hero.?

Check out the full article at Interview.

Dominique Swain Malin Akerman Drea de Matteo Tricia Helfer Leelee Sobieski

No comments:

Post a Comment