Monday, November 22, 2010

1/25th Scale Electric Guitar

My current builds are being delayed because I can't find any black ignition wire, so I started planning a new rod/custom build. I felt it needed something extra to make it pop and a color matched electric guitar seemed like the best idea. Instead of picking a common guitar like a Stratocaster or a Les Paul, I picked something a bit more unusual: a Rickenbacker 325. These were first introduced on the market in the late '50's and have been used by many musicians. Most notably The Beatles. So after 2.5 hours of carving styrene last night this is what it looked like.

After more work today, the guitar is almost ready for paint. It still has a few rough edges that need sanding.

Here's a real one.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/thread/924170.aspx

Joie Chitwood Bob Christie Johnny Claes David Clapham Jim Clark†

No comments:

Post a Comment